Sunday, July 19, 2015

What Do You Eat?

That question comes my way so often, I decided to share more information about nutrition with you today.




The items I am wearing here are all from Chico's, including the necklace.




The Cynthia Rowley shoes were old from Belk last year.






I was also unsure what to eat before reading the book "Eat to Live" by Doctor Joel Fuhrman. After I started making better choices at every meal, it took me about six months to lose forty pounds. Better health was my goal, but weight loss was certainly a plus.

I drink more than a gallon of filtered water each day. Sometimes I add lemon, lime, or cucumber.

Breakfast is usually this hot cereal recipe, topped with whatever fresh fruits are in season.

I try to eat all these items daily.
At least an ounce of raw seeds and nuts.
At least three fresh fruits.
A large bowl of green salad.
A large serving of steamed greens.
A cup of dried beans cooked in water only. (Add the spices and herbs of your choice afterward.)
I also eat tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, herbs, and garlic on most days.

I normally have only two meals a day. If I am very active on certain days, I will have another salad or some fruit or some raw almonds later in the day. I eat breakfast at about 6 every morning. My lunchtime is around 2 on most days.

It is important to let your body rest by sleeping well for about seven or eight hours and not eating all the time. If you graze or snack often, your body is constantly working to digest food.

I take a brisk walk around my neighborhood each morning for about three miles. I move around a lot during the day as well. I do not watch TV but rather read a book to unwind before bed.
 
Never eat in front of any kind of screen! You will likely eat a lot more than you think you have. Use your good china and set a place for yourself. Enjoy your food and take your time eating it. Stop to chew well and breath deeply as you eat. 

In the photos above, Mr. Mickey and I are on our way to dinner. We eat out a couple of times each week. I normally order a salad with dressing on the side, a glass of wine, and if I am starving, once a week, I will have a fish entrĂ©e such as grilled wild-caught salmon with vegetables. We sometimes also share a dessert.

No comments: