Monday, July 20, 2015

The Magic V

A wise woman knows how to draw attention to what she considers her best feature and away from what she isn't fond of.




Because of my round face, I always enjoy wearing a V-neck top. The straight lines of square sunglasses offset my round face, as do the straight lines of a V-Neck top. This beautiful royal blue V-Neck top is from Covered Perfectly.




You may have noticed that when I wear a scoop neck or round neck top, I almost always offset that with a long necklace that forms a V, or I wear a jacket that forms a vertical neckline. The red simple comfort top above is from Covered Perfectly.




Since it is too hot to wear a jacket here right now, this sheer cascading vest from Covered Perfectly is just the right layering piece for summer weather. It can be worn loose or tied in various creative ways to provide those all-important vertical lines that diminish the shelf effect of a large bust. 

Surprise! All the shoes in today's post are flats. Notice that they have almond-shaped or pointed toes. There is a fool the eye technique in place here as well. A more pointed toe visually elongates my short thick calves.




The picture above shows you the difference a round neck tee makes with a round face. This is the most rounded neckline I own, but it is still not the crew neck that most tees have. I would never wear those. I try to at least always show the collar bones.

Another important thing to note is the beige bra I am wearing above and the black bra I am wearing below. Whenever you wear a dark color top, always wear a black bra to don't get the headlights effect from the camera flash.



There is a magic ratio in the depth of a V-neck. The distance between the red lines below is about the same. That equal distance would be the lowest plunge I could ever wear comfortably.



While we are on the subject of subtle things you can do to draw the eye up to your face, let's talk about lip color. I am often guilty of wearing an almost nude lipstick, which does nothing for me, so I switch to a brighter, more intense lip color so that my face doesn't fade away. As we age, our coloring becomes softer and more muted. I also fill in my brows and wear upper lid eyeliner smudged with a thin dark line of shadow to have a softer smokey effect. Everything should be blended and blotted well so that your features are enhanced softly.

You can find more fabulous tops created for us gals over 50 at Covered Perfectly. Fifty, not Frumpy followers can get a 20% discount on up to two items! Use the discount code FNF20 when you check out at Covered Perfectly. There are several styles to choose from, and the discount will apply on up to two items; after that, you can take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 FREE special!

I hope these tips help you to achieve a look that is flattering for you as well.

No comments: