Sunday, June 21, 2015

Dinner With Great Friends

At the end of a very long Yard Sale day, we joined dear friends for a delicious meal at Gourmet & Company.



The wind was blowing another storm our way, so we had to hurry the photo session. 


This is me with four hours of sleep. Not a pretty sight. 


I receive some comments so often, I thought I would address them here today.

1. "I can't afford to buy that." 
The items I show you were often purchased from a sale rack at the end of the season. This is a great way to expand your basic wardrobe without breaking the bank. I show you general suggestions for what to wear to specific events and how to put together a look from items you may already have in your closet. If not, you can keep the ideas for the next trip to the store you do like to shop in.

2. "What if I am 68...72... whatever age?"
In my opinion, the looks I show you are timeless and can work for women of any age with a little tweaking to show your own style. 

3. "I can't wear heels."
This is an easy fix. Just wear a heel height that is comfortable for you in a similar style. 

4. "What do I wear to a summer wedding?"
 The look above is excellent for any warm-weather evening event. The jacket gives some coverage and style without making you feel too hot. Look for similar open weave designs, sheer mesh, or some other vented fabric that adds style and coverage but not weight. You can wear these toppers over tank dresses or tank tops with a skirt or pants to give your look a bit more polish.

I hope my tips are helpful to you. The items I am wearing today are all old from Chico's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice