Monday, June 15, 2015

Casual Bohemian

When I was a teenager, this was very much my signature look. However, my jeans were low rise bell bottoms. (Don't laugh!)



This beautifully embroidered linen and rayon top was sent to me by J.Jill. It is so much cooler than a knit top!



The jeans are slim ankle jeans from Chico's. The shoes are old by Anne Klein Sport via T.J.Maxx. The bracelet was a gift from my friend Lois.




This was our late lunch on this casual lazy day. This sandwich includes Rudis organic ancient grain bread with some veganaise, sprinkled with garlic powder, organic lettuce, heirloom tomato, avocado slices, balsamic vinegar, and a tiny drizzle of olive oil. The wine is Apothic Red.

While I am showing you a look that was one I wore in my youth, I was not this slim when I was sixteen. When I was a Junior in high school, I weighed about twenty pounds more than I do today. My weight was never consistent until about five years ago, when I switched to a mostly plant-based diet. I read the book "Eat To Live" by Dr. Fuhrman, which taught me what to eat and why. My weight has remained about the same since I lost more than forty pounds at that time. This is a life-long record!




No comments: