Wednesday, April 23, 2014

WEAR it Wednesday!

Today marks the launch of a new feature on the Facebook page for Fifty, not Frumpy.


My project for today is this ikat pattern cardigan. I bought it on sale at Chico's last fall. I have never worn it because it is too lightweight for cool weather, and it really needs to be worn with a tank top so that the arms aren't too snug. Now that I have tried it on with warm weather pants and sandals, I think I might wear it often. (I shot this image into an antique mirror hanging in my laundry room.)

We all have things in our closets that we rarely wear, if ever. I am on a mission to wear all those things in my closet or donate them to someone who can use and enjoy them. I had this in mind when I started "Wear It Wednesday." 

4 comments:

Laura said...

Great idea!

Patricia said...

Oddly enough, I've been doing just that ... pulling clothes out of the closet and getting feedback at the gym. A few things got promptly given away but many are now in regular rotation. Another challenge was my "white jeans" challenge (bought them, never wore them). Once a week I wore them styled differently every time. Great way to inspire yourself. Love this.

shalom said...

Casual & classy!

Irene Helms Designs said...

Wonderful idea...I meant to participate but did not. Will try next week!
Irene