Friday, April 11, 2014

Philanthropy

I am very proud to be a Leadership member of The Women's Fund of East Tennessee, which serves as a catalyst to transform the lives of low-income women and girls in East Tennessee. This week we held our luncheon celebration at the Cherokee Country Club in Knoxville, TN, to award grants to the programs we earlier voted to support in our communities.


When you invest in a woman, you invest in a family, a community, and ultimately a region. By helping women and girls, we create stronger communities for all of us. I encourage you to join a Women's Fund near you to make a difference for your community.


It was quite cool during the early morning hours, so I wore this fabulous spring coat, which was a gift from Dalitika.




As the weather began to warm up, I removed the spring coat. The blue travelers style tank and pants and the jacket and necklace are all from Chico's last year.




The shoes are from T.J.Maxx earlier this season. The bag is from Coach.


One of the most enjoyable parts of the day was spending time with my dear friend Carol Transou and her delightful husband Bedford. They were so gracious to invite me to ride down to Knoxville with them. The event also allowed me the opportunity to visit with Bonnie Sampson, another very special lady who is also a founder of our group. 


After the luncheon, we drove through the neighborhood to enjoy looking at the spring flowers and lovely old homes. 









7 comments:

Martha said...

Susan -- you look so beautiful -- your skin just glows!

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful in blue! It really makes your eyes shine bright.

Lindy D. said...

I love that coat on you ... that color rose is wonderful!

Donna said...

What a worthy cause! I'm sure there is a similar program here in Indy. You look lovely as always. I love looking at older home, so beautiful.

Lady of Style said...

Susan, you are such a beautiful lady! And in addition I admire the work you do.

Your coat has an awesome colour and suits you so well. I initially thought you are wearing a jumpsuit underneath but I understand it is pants and top?

I apologise for not having been around on your blog for a while, maybe as I couldn't follow via bloglovin'? Just added you to my Google+ circle in order not to miss your future posts.

Have a lovely Sunday,
Annette | Lady of Style

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Love the spring, bright coat! And your group looks like so much fun!

meriusa said...

Excellent ,you are not only a super stylish chick lady but also a philanthropist !
Thank you for showing us the spring flowers and beautiful homes.