Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day Into Evening

It was a beautiful spring day, so we drove down to the Nolichucky River farming community to visit the Mennonite store



The Farmer's Daughter restaurant is next door. We have never eaten there, but there is always a line out the door and along the front porch with an overflowing parking lot each time we have visited the area.




A food truck outside the store offered these huge donuts made right there by this beautiful young woman. There was also a line out into the parking lot for these. 



We resisted the mouth-watering smell even though it was so very tempting.






You may never meet a man who loves bread more than Mr. Mickey! Here he is contemplating which loaf to buy. Believe me when I say, if I did not limit him to one, he would have bought them all!




The drive down to Greeneville along the scenic route is awe-inspiring, with rolling green meadows and mountains rising to frame the deep blue horizon. 




We also stopped along the way to visit some of the stores that have recently opened in Jonesborough, Tennessee's oldest town.




My daytime outfit included white zipper ankle pants and a tank top along with a beaded tassel necklace from Chico's. The navy linen-like jacket is from Appleseed's last year. The Anne Klein Sport sandals and the red Tahari bag are both from T.J.Maxx. 



Later in the day, we only had time for me to change shoes, sweaters, and necklaces to meet our dearest friends for dinner at our favorite restaurant. The sweater is old from Dillard's. The necklace was a gift from Mr. Mickey. Note that I always wear small stud earrings with statement necklaces allowing that one piece to take center stage. The Jessica Simpson sandals are from T.J.Maxx. 




The Gourmet and Company restaurant staff have become almost like family as we have celebrated many special occasions with them and cheered them on in their own life events. This is our dear friend Kenn who has been our server during many of our special celebrations. He and Mr. Mickey actually created one of their most popular dishes on the menu! It is named 'The Jilton Vegetarian' after Mr. Mickey. 




I often wear one color from head to toe with a contrasting color jacket or open cardigan. This helps me to look taller and thinner. It is also a great way to create several different looks with a limited number of pieces in your wardrobe. I always try to buy a tank top to match each pair of pants I buy. Contrasting jackets, cardigans, and large scarves give you totally different looks while keeping a lean silhouette. Leaving the jacket open gives an uninterrupted long, lean line.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the black/white leopard sweater in the evening set! Anne

sharon said...

Beautiful as always! I have followed your blog for a while, but have never commented.

Anonymous said...

I love all of you outfits. You wear them beautifully. Also I like you always say where you purchased them, which is very helpful. Thanks a bunch and keep up with the blogs.

Style4LessVegas said...

I love all the pictures...makes me want to visit! Of course, you look stunning. I'm in love with your dinner outfit. I would totally wear that!

Anonymous said...

Love, love your evening outfit!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

What a quaint, precious place! And I love your Dillards sweater...it is a keeper!

Betty (SC) said...

Love seeing local flare in the posts! Great outfits. Loving seeing the versatility of your pieces!

Kristien62 said...

What a wonderful area you live in! And you seem to enjoy and appreciate what you have close by. Did you say your pants were from Chico's? I have a pair of ankle zips from Chico's which I love.

Unknown said...

Great tips! Love the outfits.

Lady of Style said...

Fabulous looks, Susan, I'd instantly wear both! Classy with brilliant accessories, I especially love your Jessica Simpson sandals.
A colour column plus a contrasting blazer or jacket on top is one of my favourite stylings. You look amazing.

You and Mr Mickey should visit Germany. We have an incredible variety of bread, especially dark rye bread - he will love it!

Annette | Lady of Style