Monday, March 21, 2016

A Different Look

Having a style formula for dressing can make life easier each morning, but I also like taking risks and trying something entirely different.


I rarely wear a print, wider leg pants, or flats, but here I am combining all three!

Throughout this week, I will be sharing the styling tricks I use to draw attention away from my thick waistline.


The cold shoulder top is by Clara Sunwoo. The pants are by Mesmerize. ShopMyFairLady provided both items to me.


The cold shoulder style is going to be very popular this year. These Clara Sunwoo tops are made from a comfortable and forgiving fabric that works well with many body shapes.

If I wear a print, it is almost always geometric or animal print. This one is a playful combination of the two.



These pants are the longer style of Mesmerize pants. I love that they have a simple waist with a very discrete zipper and no loops. This is a style I always look for. Not having a bulky zipper and loops or pockets instantly slims my waistline.


This shoe is named "Susan" (not named for me personally!). These are by Marc Fisher, and I found them at Saks Off 5th. The small gunmetal colored clutch is old from T.J.Maxx. The sunglasses are old by Michael Kors. I don't recall where I found those, but most likely it was Saks Off 5th.



ShopMyFairLady offers many of my favorite brands all on the same site, and they are so helpful. Each time I go there, I buy so much I have to ask them to ship it
The store is located in 
"The Alley In The Valley"
6000 Reseda Blvd. Tarzana, CA 91356

9 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Open shoulders are a huge trend this spring and you look lovely in it...also, I love your pointed toe flats...they are very chic! Have a wonderful Monday!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Susan. I like this look, especially the flats.

Susan B said...

I really love that little split on the pants hems! Such an interesting detail.

Lisa B said...

You look great in this outfit! Especially the pants - they make your legs look long and slim. Love the flats as well. Have a wonderful week!

Mrs. B said...

Very pretty! Thank you for this post. I'm 4'11" with the long legs/short torso body type as described by fitness expert Teresa Tapp (t-tapp.com). Skinny jeans instantly make me look off balance, but a nice flare evens things out nicely. I love this top, too!

KC said...

Lovely color and style, Susan! The print is beautiful. The outfit looks perfect on you! I recently found your blog and have been enjoying it very much.

Unknown said...

The top and pants look great on you.

Note: For any readers who are on the short side (I'm 5'3") and don't want to have to order a top only to have to alter the length, the company told me the length measurements for the top in a medium are 23" for the center and 32" for the sides.

Love it on you, Susan, but the proportions will be off for me.

CreoleLadyDC said...

I have been enjoying your blog for several months now. Those Marc Fisher flats prompted me to comment. I just got them myself about two weeks ago! Love them, they look great on you too ;)...

Cherie said...

I have a thick above-the-waist area. Does anyone know of any exercises to help that area?