Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ruanas Are Great For Warm Weather

A ruana is a poncho-style outer garment or wrap. I found this sheer blue animal print one on sale at Chico's a couple of years ago.



I like the fact that this one is sheer and can be worn in a variety of ways as a bit of cover when you want to dress in cool sleeveless tops and white ankle pants or Capris. (Ruanas are also great for winter in fabrics such as wool and cashmere.)





As you can see there isn't much construction to a ruana but they are so versatile.


This is my favorite way to wear them in both winter and summer. I think they look so chic!

9 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I love ruanas...and this color is perfect for you, Susan! You look amazing in it!

Anonymous said...

As a novice ruana fashionista (ha!), I thank you for the pictures! Hopefully I'll manage it to look as pretty as you have! ~ Betty(SC)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and practical!
Good for australian hot summers too.
Must find .
Thank you for great idea
Irene

Lindy D. said...

I love ruanas. You carry this one off with such style!

Unknown said...

I didn't know this garment had a name, so thank you. The colours are amazing. What material is it?

Susan said...

Tina L, this one might be rayon. I'm sorry I don't know the material. Look for one that is the same on both sides. I had one that showed white on the back of the material instead of looking the same on both sides. It wasn't as nice as this one.

Mlou said...

Susan, I was curious as to how you wore those. Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Hope to find one that will compliment my Soft Summer coloring. Mary Lou

Mlou said...

Susan, I was curious as to how you wore those. Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Hope to find one that will compliment my Soft Summer coloring. Mary Lou

nomadjanet said...

Thanks have been looking for a hot weather "third piece" now I think I have found one.