Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wednesday Date Night

Today's temperatures were so mild that only a light jacket was required, and the sky was the most fabulous blue all day. Date night was equally perfect!




The snow is gone now, and there was no rain, so I could wear my favorite booties from Nordstrom. They are by Vince Camuto, and they have sky-high heels with a gold-trimmed platform. High heels are still my guilty little pleasure! I feel so feminine and special when I wear them.




Tip: I never wear light-colored pants in wet weather since it causes dark little water drop stains on the backs of your pants as you walk.




The necklace is one of my own designs. The ring is old from Stein Mart. The bag is from T. J. Maxx from a few years ago. I always buy unique evening clutches when I find them. For less than twenty dollars, you can really upgrade your look for the evening. 




I was sold by the belt detail construction on the back of this jacket. It visually cinches in the back for a more feminine silhouette. This jacket was purchased a few days ago at Coldwater Creek from their fabulous end of season sale. The pants are my favorite side-zip style from Talbots, also from the end of season sale. I'm wearing a sleek long-sleeve slim-fitting black tee under the jacket. Foundation tees or tanks made from thin silky material are great to wear with jackets when only the neckline shows. I wouldn't wear them by themselves since they hug everything a bit too much, but they are perfect as a foundation.

Since my top half is a full two sizes larger than my bottom half, I often wear a dark color on the top and lighter color on the bottom. This helps to visually balance my body.  
 




Dinner was the perfect ending to the day. That's goat cheese and arugula salad with Pinot Grigio I'm enjoying. We talked nonstop for two hours while enjoying our meal at our favorite restaurant in town, Gourmet and Company. When you are in Johnson City, be sure to stop there for dinner. The first entrée on their menu is vegetarian and named after Mickey!

9 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

You look radiant! Great purchases at the end of season sales. Your boots are fabulous...what do you mean your own design on the necklace...do you make jewelry??? Have a great day!

Susan said...

Yes, Pam. My "real" job has been jewelry designer/supplier and teacher for other designers since 1989. Stop by my teaching site sometime. (FiligreeBeading.com) Thanks for your nice comments. I always appreciate your feedback.

Dot said...

You look absolutely lovely Susan. Love the boots! Unfortunately I cannot wear such high heels now but do agree they make you feel special.Glad to hear you have sunshine, it is still very grey and wet here in Cornwall. Roll on Spring! Warmest wishes, Dot x

Dot said...

You look absolutely lovely Susan, love the boots! Unfortunately I cannot wear such high heels now but do agree they make you feel special.Glad to hear you have had some sunshine, it is still very grey and wet her in Cornwall. Roll on Spring! Warmest wishes, Dot x

Sharon Greenthal said...

Beautiful! I bought those boots...but I had to return them. They were way too high for me. Good for you that you can wear them!

deedeeMac said...

I totally agree with you re: silky (like) tees and tanks being great for wearing UNDER jackets. Otherwise, they show every lump and bump that I am not sure should be flaunted.

As usual, LOVE your blog -- always so many helpful tips. And, ALWAYS a pleasure to read. Keep up the beautiful work.

gracefully50 said...

Susan, I love your style!
The colors, the simplicity, the elegance, and of course, SO classy!
This is my favorite color combo. I wear this a LOT!
I will remember the restaurant when we're up that way.

Flattering50 said...

Great outfit! I love the textured jacket. And those boots are dreamy!

Sandra said...

Love this look. Wondering where you find the silky t's. I'm like you large on top shall we say well endowed and small on the bottom.

I always have a problem finding t or tops that will fit me.