Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Black Dress

If you only own one dress, it should probably be a dark color, such as black.



I found this mesh sleeve dress with ruching at the waistline at Chico's earlier this year. This might be my go-to party dress for awhile. I do not wear skimpy cocktail dresses to parties (or anywhere for that matter!), so the hint of skin showing through the mesh is just sexy enough for me.

STYLING TIPS: Balance the top and the bottom. If you are wearing a sleeveless dress, do not wear dark hose. When you do wear dark hose, always wear dark shoes. When I see someone wearing gold shoes with black hose, I always think of Minnie Mouse.




I wore the dress out to dinner on Saturday night for the first time. Mr. Mickey loved it!




I topped it off with a black faux leather-trimmed ruana from Carlisle Per Se and old silver and crystal necklaces. The suede heels are from Saks. The gray clutch is old by Kenneth Cole Reaction.



3 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Gorgeous! Such a great evening look! Have a wonderful week, Susan

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

I love that dress!!1 I haven't worn a dress in years mainly because I can never find one with sleeves. LOVE this one!! Thanks for the info! You look fabulous!!!

Patti said...

Classic, timeless, gorgeous. I love the sheer sleeves to make it even more special. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.