Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Wonderful Years

Eight years ago, on this day, Mr. Mickey and I went on our first date. That date changed my life forever in all the most positive ways.


On our anniversary evening, we shared a wonderful dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Wellington's, at The Carnegie Hotel.



I wore a black Simple Comfort tunic from Covered Perfectly with brocade pants and a long color block collarless jacket from Chico's for this special evening. (Both Chico's items are on their clearance racks now.) The shoes were from Nordstrom last fall.




Mr. Mickey bought these gorgeous earrings for me a few years ago in a boutique in North Carolina. They are by Michal Golan. A few days ago, Michal contacted me via the blog, much to my delight. She has been one of my favorite designers for many years. This week I received this fabulous necklace to go with my treasured earrings. I am so grateful to Michal for this generous gift.




Imagine my surprise when the hostess showed us to our usual private booth, and there were eight perfect roses (for eight perfect years) and a card already there waiting for us!




We celebrated with a bottle of 2004 Château Peyredon Lagravette Listrac-Médoc. The wine steward put it in a decanter.





Of course, no special dinner for us is complete without a lovely dessert. We shared this chocolate one since chocolate and red wine go so well together.