Thursday, May 12, 2016

Take A Scarf

A couple of weekends ago, we stayed at the Inn at Biltmore Estate.


I took a few basic pieces to mix and match, as I always do when we travel. This packing formula serves me well, and I can fit everything into a small carry-on bag.


A scarf can make all the difference when you dress in solid basics. It adds texture, pattern, and colors to pull the whole look together.


The white Evan Picone trench coat is old from Stein Mart. I wore it over a large square silk scarf by Versace from Saks Off 5th last year. The scarf adds the punch of a pattern to tie the white tank and dark wash Klaveli ankle jeans together.


When we went down to breakfast on the second morning, I wore a black Clara Sunwoo mesh sleeve tunic over white pull-on pants by Tribal. I tied the scarf onto my BCBG bag (old) from T.J.Maxx. The shoes are by Vince Camuto from last year.


As we were having breakfast, I became too cold, as I often do in the air conditioning. The scarf served me well as an additional layer. Large square silk scarves are so versatile.








4 comments:

Donna said...

Good advice on the scarf...you look fab...love the picture of the two of you... xo

thepoutingpensioner said...

Totally with you on the versatility of scarves. I own relatively few printed items of clothing so get my pattern and contrast from a generous collection scarves.
And a few of them take up so little room in the suitcase.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Love this look, Susan. The jacket is a wonderful find!

Susan said...

We visited the Biltmore last fall. It is amazing!