Sunday, April 17, 2016

Relaxing At Home

If you stop by to visit me on any cold-weather Sunday afternoon, you will find me reading by the fire.


Currently, I am reading four books, which means there are books, stacks of magazines, and readers to be found beside every comfortable chair.

"Thank Me" frame style is shown here.

Mr. Mickey asked me to go with him to pick out his new glasses last week. It has been several years since I have bought prescription glasses because readers are all I need to wear. I didn't realize how expensive prescription eyeglasses have gotten. Wow! I could have eleven pairs of stylish readers for that price.

Bob Frapples is this frame style.

Eye-bobs is an excellent line of stylish, high-quality readers. They are very comfortable, and they arrive in a nice protective case and with a glass cleaning cloth. They recently sent me these two styles to try, and I like them very much. They are lightweight and very comfortable to wear. I love the larger lenses! All the types offered on their website are very modern looking.

Bob Frapples is the name of the frame below, and I chose the navy front with blue denim trim. 

This is the Bob Frapples frame style.

Thank Me is the name of the style shown below. I chose the black front with matte gunmetal trim.


This is the Thank Me frame style.

I always look for glasses with a square shape to flatter my roundish face.

The question, "What do you wear at home when you aren't going somewhere special?" is one that I often get. When I have a few hours to myself during those rare times, I put on something soft and comfortable and curl up with a book. Since early childhood, I have been an avid reader. 

The old cashmere cardigan I am wearing here is my all-time favorite from J.Jill. 

The slip-on style shoes are old by Sperry.


These soft crepe pull-on pants and the relaxed tee are both by Fabrizio Gianni. If you love fabulous basics that can be worn dressed up or down and worn for almost any occasion, these pieces are well worth the investment. The Fabrizio Gianni items are all made in the USA.


You will see these black pants on me often! Made from a luxurious stretch crepe, these pants can easily be dressed up or down. (As you will see in another post coming soon.) Mr. Mickey snapped these photos as we were relaxing before a long drive across the mountains for a special dinner date.

For those of you who asked. My hair is still silver/gray. Some lighting makes it look otherwise.



I mostly read to learn more about something that interests me. These are the four books I am reading right now.



7 comments:

Jan Maier said...

Today I'm in all JJill...Pure Jill pants that are now too big but I do wear them at home for the comfort factor, similar white top to yours and a waterfall cardigan. I was up and out early this morning for my granddaughter's lacrosse game. It's a beautiful day rapidly changing from cool to less cool. I'm going to the beach (minutes away) to read one my books. I'm not sure what I'll be wearing....but it's still too cool for uncovering much....I'll probably go dressed pretty much as is and ca take off he cardigan and cuff up the pants legs. That's the way I roll on a spring beach afternoon.

I'm reading the latest Adriana Trigiani novel called All The Stars in The Heavens, the April Vanity Fair magazine and two books on Mah Jongg..my latest interest...along with the New York Times crossword and Style Section. Life is good and I'm grateful beyond words.

Unknown said...

Hi Susan! I look forward to your posts and I especially like the one today. I, too, am an avid reader with several books going at one time. So what books are you reading? (The one holding the most interest for me right now is "On Her Own Ground: The Life and Times of Madam C.F. Walker" by A'Lelia Bundles...an excellent history lesson in the life of extraordinary women in the early 1900s). Okay... back to you, I am forever inspired by your transformation and have begun my shift to meals based on the nutrition, mostly plants, that best fuels my body. I related to your description of how you felt prior to your shift. I'm looking for a way to help alleviate some of the physical difficulties (oh my aching knees! :) usually written off as "old age." I come back to your story again and again as proof that changes can be made in our day to day life to improve our overall quality of life. And, let's face it, the better you feel the more you want to give to others and consciously participate in life. Thank you for continuing to share your story and encouragement to be the best we can be.

Deb
Oceanside CA

Joanne said...

I love a lazy Sunday afternoon. Just curious what you are reading, Susan. I'm an avid reader and am always looking for a recommendation.

Blog Name Here said...

Love your lounging attire.
Is your hair gray or blonde? It looks different in different pictures.

KC said...

Love your new glasses and the casual outfit. You could greet an unexpected guest with total confidence!

Susu said...

Susan, share with us what you're reading or perhaps your top reads!
You always look lovely ��

Unknown said...

I love to read, too. I am currently reading , At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen. I love to read by the fire, too.