Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Denim Jacket

If I never try anything new, you might start to yawn.


This week on the blog, I am breaking all my personal styling rules. So today, it's never close a double-breasted blazer.


This White House Black Market denim trophy jacket looked OK, even buttoned because of the closure angles and the buttons' placement. (I didn't keep it fastened all day.)



I am not a fan of denim trucker-style jackets because they just don't suit my body shape. In addition, boxy jackets are challenging to carry off when you are busty. This blazer, however, is right up my style alley. The angled lines and tailored style are flattering for my body shape.


I paired it with a slate gray tank and white So Slimming jeans from Chico's. The bag by Zac Posen and the Balmain sunglasses are both from Saks Off 5th. 

The shoes are old by Sam Edelman. Keep in mind that animal print is considered neutral. I wore these mostly tan ones with white pants. If they were primarily black with brown, I would have treated them as a dark neutral and paired them only with darker pants to extend my short legs' line.



6 comments:

carolinascallin said...

I like this! Love the jacket - what a fun way to do denim...AND it looks wonderful on you, too! Looks like this week of 'breaking the rules' is bringing some great style surprises :)

Thanks for encouraging everyone to think outside the (style) box!

Kristien62 said...

How have you happened upon these style rules? For instance, the idea of dividing your body in thirds instead of in half is genius, but it would never would have occurred to me.

Susan said...

I read a lot and I have taken many style courses over the past few years. Some information really stays with me.

Unknown said...

Looks great!

Beckey said...

I am not typically a blazer/jacket kind of gal; but some of the ones you wear (such as this one) make me reconsider my opinion!

Shelley Zurek -- Still Blonde after all these YEARS said...

Those shoes though...lovely! I adore Sam Edelman. I have a pair of his over the knee boots, and a pair of pink strappy sandals. The heel heights are just right too!