Monday, February 15, 2016

Styling Tip

I fell in love with this fabulous J.Jill tunic as soon as I saw it!




This top was provided by J.Jill.

I have a weakness for soft, easy pieces that flow across the body and look great with jeans. If the item can be worn for three seasons, even better!



This color is called Gala, which will go with every pair of pants I own. That makes this tunic a very wise purchase.




The ankle jeans and the wide silver cuff are both old from Chico's. The boots are old by Ralph Lauren, and the bag is old by Cole Haan, both from T.J.Maxx. 

Buying classic items with a simple design means that you can wear the pieces for years to come and in many combinations.




I will wear this top with white jeans and nude sandals many times this summer. It looks great with most of my scarves and all of my fun cuffs and bracelets. I can also wear it with the sleeves long and layer a jacket or cardigan over it. 





We moved the furniture around a bit to shoot this short video and take these pictures for you. I hope my tips inspire and help you get dressed with ease.




11 comments:

Unknown said...

You look nice in this casual look. I like the way the video shows what you did to make the tunic more flattering. Where or how did you learn this idea?

Susan said...

Thanks, Lorraine. I read a lot and study great style on other women to try to figure out what might work best for my shape and lifestyle.

cynthialouise said...

I enjoy your blog very much. You have wonderful style that works for so many ages. I've seen how much better and less frumpy small changes can make. I'm 65 and getting younger!
Thanks for sharing. Cynthia

Jan Maier said...

I love that color..I think it would be flattering on most women. Thanks for the twirling and tucking idea. I've know about this "half tuck" for a long time but it never seemed to work right when I did it..AHA....now I know the secret..twirl and tuck! Have a great week!

Renee said...

That color suits you!

Kathleen said...

Did you order the top in the petite? I'm only 5'2" so I wonder how long it will be. Love the color it looks like more of a coral color on you then it does on their site.

Susan said...

Kathleen, I ordered a regular medium. I am 5'6.5".

Jennifer said...

I love this color on you Susan! Heading over to check their sale now. Have a great day.

thepoutingpensioner said...

Nice casual outfit, Susan, and I love your new addition to your suite of videos. You have such a lovely soft voice. Looking forward to the next!
Lmx.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog Susan. It's lots of help.~~Dee

Andrea said...

Such a great color! I can already see it with white pants in the warmer months!