Saturday, November 14, 2015

Elegant Color Combinations

Some color combinations exude elegance and sophistication.





When I want to take a step up from my usual jeans and tee look, I often reach for ivory pants, and a black jersey knit 3/4 length sleeve top. Both these great pieces are from Fabrizio Gianni. They are made in the USA.

This bag is by Ralph Lauren via T.J.Maxx. The shoes are by Halogen via Nordstrom.

The wire wrapped cuff was purchased while on vacation in Hilton Head at S.M. Bradford Co.




I have always had a passion for rich color and texture. This elegant jacket by IC Collection fits my requirements for fit, texture, rich deep color, and a style that can be worn in many ways. I got it from ShopMyFairLady. I enjoy shopping with them because I get such great service and they never suggest things that are not right for me just to make a sale. 




I appreciate the versatility of brown, but it isn't always the right hue for my skin tone. This rich caramel brown is perfect. I will also wear this with all black, white, denim, and even red.


The hem is slightly longer in the back, making it perfect to wear as a jacket or a shirt partially tucked in. 




The buttery faux suede fabric is so soft to the touch. I know I will be wearing this classic for years to come. Those are the only types of pieces I am interested in adding to my wardrobe now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your shoes!

Joanne said...

I have always liked brown and black together. My mother hated it! Lol! As always, you look stunning and I love your longer hair style!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Love this color combo as well, Susan...and I am a huge fan of IC Collection!!

No Fear of Fashion said...

Great look. I love the addition of the shoes. It is true shoes can make or break an outfit. And you have a fabulous shoe collection. The jacket is very sophisticated. I like it.
Greetje