Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Dogwood and Cattails Ball

When the invitation states Black Tie there is always some trepidation in accepting.




For the gentlemen, there is no such hesitation. They can wear the same tuxedo for many years and always look dashing.



For ladies, there is a long list of considerations. Where did I wear this dress last? Do I show my arms or not? What color do I want to wear? Do I need a jacket? Is this neckline too low?


My beautiful friend, Anne Reel, and her husband Jim sponsored a table and invited us to join them. This is the first year we have attended this ball, but it was so much fun we now plan to attend every year.



The Dogwood and Cattails Ball benefits the animals of the Humane Society of Washington County's Spay/Neuter Assistance Fund. Adoption and fostering program and the emergency medical fund for animals.



The theme for this year's Ball was Mardi Growl, with New Orleans Mardi Gras music, food, and decorations.
 


There were many handsome and well-behaved dogs in attendance but this serval cat from the Brights Zoo in Limestone, TN captured my full attention. A serval is a medium-sized African wild cat.



He was so playful and tolerated his tuxedo quite well.



To give you an idea of his length, his human is about 5'6"!
~~~~~~

We took this photo to show how the dress looks without the jacket. I could have easily removed it at any time during the evening, but I did not. The dress is by JKara from Dillard's.


No comments: