Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day Trip

Do you love to take a day trip to a different city?



We enjoy going over to Asheville, North Carolina, when the weather is nice. It's an eclectic city with lots of different restaurants, specialty stores, and art galleries. There are many sidewalk cafés and other al fresco dining opportunities. Musicians and all types of street performers can be found on many corners. This fellow played an instrument and sang beautifully.




Everything but the kitchen sink was used to decorate the entrance to this sidewalk café.

There is still a chill in the air, and the wind was blowing for most of the day, so I was glad I wore a lined hounds-tooth jacket with black pants and a red tank top. It felt great to dress for a spring-like day at last. 

 


Thanks for reading. I hope you have a great week!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful jacket. Love the red accents.

Patti said...

Wonderful look for Spring, Susan! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

Myrina said...

i love your blog. It is so many sided ,mode,beautiful cities ,cafes and restaurants, happiness in a relationship!
A comment : your hairstyle becomes better and better ,especially on the picture with the bag in front of you. Thanks for sharing the joy of this world !






























Donna said...

You look very chic in black and white with pops of red. I am so glad Mickey is okay.

Donna said...

You look very chic in black and white with pops of red. I am so glad Mickey is okay.

popcosmo said...

Love the pops of color with your black and white! Very on trend :)

Tami Von Zalez said...

You are just too darn tooting cute!

Popped in from Visible Monday.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Cate said...

Susan you're an inspiration to us all. I look forward to all your blogs. Thanks.

gracefully50 said...

Go Dawgs!! My daughter would give your thumbs up on this outfit!!
Gosh, are there any colors that you cannot wear? You look gorgeous!

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

So chic! You can never go wrong with adding a pop of red to black and white and I am coveting that gorgeous bag.

Asheville is such a lovely city. My husband and I keep saying that we are going to go...thanks for the reminder and the inspiration!

Tricia said...

I'm pretty sure I saw you in Asheville. I was sitting at a stop light downtown, and said to my husband," Look how chic that woman looks! I want to have style like that." Then the light changed and we drove on, but the image of this fashionable lady stayed in my mind. Yesterday morning I got online to search for fashion blogs for women over forty/fifty, to help me out, and I found your blog...and I'm pretty sure you are the woman who inspired me :)

Susan said...

Thanks so much for your comment Tricia. Isn't it a small world? I would have loved to talk to you. Perhaps our paths will cross again soon. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Would I date myself if I said your outfit is "pretty snappy?" Looks like that's just what I did, but that doesn't make it less true ... you look great.